Wednesday 8 September 2010

Things that have happened

It has been brought to my attention that some of my earliest blog entries were too lengthy. 

It was suggested that I could cut back on some of the detail, or even post more frequently so that I did not have so much to cram in each time.

Unfortunately the news was not broken to me very gently. The exact words used were "nobody cares". Thankfully I'm mentally strong, so after 6 weeks I have plucked up the courage to get back on the bike* and try again.

Interesting things that have happened over the last 6 weeks, in brief, of course:
  • Daughter number 2 was born, we call her Imogen. Incidentally, Emma tried to bite my hand during labour. Not content with merely squeezing it; she decided that she wanted to give birth and try cannibalism on the same day. 
  • My leg cast was finally removed, after 16 long weeks. My leg is no longer broken and I can now walk and drive again. I still cannot run or do the moonwalk, but I could never do those things in the first place so no real complaints
  • I brought new trainers (today) for my birthday (which was in June). I'm not very good at spending money, I panic that once I spend it I will find something else I need. Which is why it often takes me a full year to spend any birthday money I receive.
Ok, I tried bullet points but they were hardly brief or concise. 
4/10 for achievement.

Megan is 2 years old now and every day she puts her shoes on and says "right...shopping. let's go". I think she gets that from my mum, who has something of a shopping habit.

It's very cute at the moment, and for now she is content with just putting things in the shopping basket or trolley. She hasn't cottoned on yet that we remove her stuff when we get to the checkout, but it's only a matter of time...


*the bike is being used as a metaphor for blogging. I learnt what a metaphor is this morning watching cbeebies with Megan and decided to try one out.

No comments:

Post a Comment